Disabling Face ID of an iPhone X is one of the major problems encountered on iPhone X and iPhone XS, but there are effective solutions that can fix this error. In this article, we will introduce you to the known solutions to fix “Disable Face ID of iPhone X” issue..
Steps to fix Face ID disabled issue on iPhone X / XS / XR
# 1. Trying to force restart on iPhone
If the Face ID of your iPhone X does not work normally because there has been a system crash or bug of the iOS version used, then you can try to perform a force restart (opens new window) . Many reports claim that this method may have worked to fix Face ID on their iPhone X.
# 2.Try to reset all settings
Many iPhone X users who received a notification saying that “Face ID has been disabled” were able to resolve the issue by doing a reset of all settings on iPhone X.
# 3. Use a Premium Tool to Fix iPhone X / XS Disabling Issue
FonePaw iOS Unlocker (opens new window) is a premium reconfiguration and repair tool to fix system errors, causing iPhone Face ID function to malfunction and disable. It has been specially designed to solve all kinds of screen lock problem. Once everything is set, you won't need a password to access your device.
Easy and fast repair of "Disable Face ID of iPhone X / XS" issues in just 5 minutes..
Possibility to access the contents of an iPhone without a password, when it is locked, deactivated or damaged.
Support unlocking a locked iPhone with Touch ID or 4/6 digit password..
Removing Apple ID from iOS device without password (opens new window) .
Repairing various screen issues like stuck in recovery mode, black / white screen, etc.
Step 1: Start FonePaw iOS Unlocker on your computer and then click on the “Start” button.
Step 2: Then connect your iPhone X or iPhone XS to the computer using a USB cable.
Step 3: Download the necessary firmware pack for your iPhone and verify your iPhone information displayed in the FonePaw program before clicking the "Start" button. Then click on the "Start" button.
Step 4: Type "000000" and then click on "Unlock" button to solve the "Disable Face ID of iPhone X" issue.
How do I temporarily deactivate Face ID or Touch ID?
Simultaneously press and hold the Wake button and one of the volume buttons. Your iPhone's Wake Up button is located on the side of your iPhone and at the top of your iPad Pro.
Press the "Cancel" button if you want to unlock your device or simply press the side button to turn off the display.
Enter your password the next time you want to turn off your iPhone or iPad Pro. Face ID should now be able to function normally.
You can also quickly press the Sleep / Wake button 5 times in a row, this will automatically trigger the call for emergency services. Please press the "Cancel" button within 3 seconds.
What to do if Face ID isn't working on your iPhone X / XS?
If you need to do a Face ID reset which is not working on your iPhone X / XS, then you should try applying the troubleshooting techniques below:
- Check for updates: Try updating your iPhone X to the latest iOS version. You can do this by going to “Settings”> “General”> “Software Update”.
- Check Face ID settings: You could have deactivated the Face ID function on your iPhone X. So go to "Settings"> "Face ID and code", then make sure that the Face ID function is activated.
- Clean of all dust and residue from the TrueDepth camera: If any dust or residue covers the TrueDepth camera, then please clean it. Please also check if your screen protector or phone case is covering the TrueDepth camera.
- Make sure your face is not covered: If you are wearing a hat or sunglasses covering your nose, eyes or mouth, then these parts will not be able to be seen in front of the TrueDepth camera. , we can then understand why Face ID does not work. Try to use Face ID again without your hat and sunglasses.
- Stand straight in front of the TrueDepth camera: If you are not in front of the TrueDepth camera, then Face ID will not work. Face ID only works when your iPhone is in portrait mode and you're right in front of the TrueDepth camera. Please also make sure your iPhone X is an arm's length away from your face.
These were all the solutions available to solve the "Disable Face ID of iPhone X" problem. Nonetheless, we would like to recommend FonePaw iOS Unlocker to you as the best tool that can help you fix this problem without any worries.