Smart devices come from several years including a step counter, also called a pedometer. Huawei is not a brand that lags behind with this feature. In some devices the information of this counter is shown on the initial screen.
For many people this feature may be useful, but for some of us, this is nothing more than an aggregate that we are not interested in having on, more when we spend battery that we can use in the use of our applications. Some other people want to have it on but want to disable it from the initial screen.
We will teach you to turn off this feature on your smartphone and to remove the counter from the initial screen. Performing this is very easy and anyone can do it by following these instructions.
Steps to disable step counter in Huawei
In case you want to turn it on again, the steps are very similar, below we show you how to:
- You must first unlock your Huawei phone in case it is locked and you are looking for the Settings area.
- In this section, you will see an option called "Health", enter this option.
- Finally, you will see several features on, among these is the option of the counter under the name of pedometer. To deactivate it you just have to pass the switch in the option, if at some other time you want to reactivate it, you just have to pass the switch of this option.
Disable huawei step counter on initial screen
If you don't mind if this option is on or you want to know the information but you don't like it being constantly on the initial screen, you should follow the steps below:
- On your Huawei device you must enter the settings area.
- Now, you should look for the "security and privacy" section on your phone, enter it.
- Subsequently, you must open the "Lock screen and passwords" section.
- Here you should look for the option "Show step counter", pass the switch in this option and the phone will no longer show the step counter on the lock screen. If you want to turn it on again at some point, you must enter this section again and turn the switch to turn it on.
You have already achieved your goal. Outside deactivate the pedometer or remove the step counter from the initial screen, and this will not be a nuisance for you. If you have doubts about how to perform any other action on your cell phone, do not hesitate to consult the site, we surely have a solution for you.