Gmail, YouTube, Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Maps, there are countless Google services. It's very simple, not a day goes by without us using one of the tools of the American web search giant. Here is a trick to connect to a Google service without having to type in your password..
Sign in to your Google account without entering a password
Among the inventions that have changed our lives, there is of course the internet. The upheaval is such that it is hard to imagine how we could live without it. Google is certainly one of the most famous symbols of this revolution.
The American company is mainly known for its search engine but it now has many other tools. From online storage to online video platform or messaging service, Google is everywhere..
If you use one of its services very regularly on your computer, you know how restrictive it is to have to enter your connection identifiers (login and password) all day long. This is where our smartphone connection system comes in.
Rather than typing your password each time you use a Google service, the American giant has a solution using your smartphone as an identity provider. For example, when you want to create a Docs document, Google will automatically send a notification to your phone..
All you have to do is click on it to access the Google office suite. The advantages of this authentication device are numerous. You will no longer need to remember your password or even enter it several times a day.
How to use your smartphone to sign in to Google
Of course, before you can use this feature, you will have to perform some manipulations. For example, you will need to ensure that your smartphone is properly connected to your Google account.
If you have an Android phone, this is a simple formality. In fact, when configuring your smartphone, you must have signed in to your Google account.
If this is not the case, be aware that all you have to do is download the Gmail, Google or Smart Lock application and then log in to your Google account. This will allow the authentication system to recognize you.
- Then open your computer's web browser
- Go to your Google account
- Enter your login credentials
- Click on the Security section in the left column
- Look for Sign in to Google
- Click on the line labeled Use your smartphone to sign in
- In the new window that has just appeared, click on the blue Configure button
- Google will ask you to confirm your identity by entering your password again
- Then select from the list, the smartphone you want to use to connect (if you have more than one)
- Click the following button to proceed to the test
- Enter your email address
- Google will then ask you to open a specific application on your smartphone
- You will see a message appear on your phone screen telling you that someone is trying to access your Google account from a computer
- Click yes
- Don't forget to click on the Activate button to finalize the configuration
The device for authenticating your Google account using a smartphone is now active. Each time you try to connect to a Google service, you will receive a notification directly on your smartphone. All you have to do is unlock your mobile and validate the notification.