The music recognition site Shazam has just unveiled a new extension for the Chrome browser. Thanks to this new tool, music lovers will be able to easily identify a song or music on their computer without having to take out their smartphone. Here's how to use it..
Identify songs from PC or Mac
Do we still need to present the music recognition service Shazam? This music recognition application is a real hit with music enthusiasts and smartphone owners.
And the good news is that the service is now available directly on your computer. Imagine that you are watching a movie or a video on YouTube and suddenly you hear a very nice song in the background of which you would like to know the title..
In such a situation, the first instinct is to rush to your smartphone, unlock the screen and launch the Shazam application. To do this, you have to be quick and make sure that your headphones are not connected to your computer. This is where the Shazam extension for Chrome comes in.
Its mission: to identify all the music played in the tabs of the Chrome browser, regardless of the platform (Netflix, YouTube, website, social networks, video games, etc.). Identifying music on the web has never been easier..
Install and configure the Shazam extension
One of the best music recognition apps is now available on PC and Mac as an extension for all Chromium browsers. Concretely, this means that you can install the extension on Microsoft Edge as well as on Google Chrome or Brave.
- In our example we will use Chrome
- Launch the browser
- Click or copy this link to go directly to the Shazam extension page
- Click the blue Add to Chrome button located in the upper right corner of the screen
- Once the extension is installed, don't forget to pin it to your browser's toolbar for easy access
The extension will help you identify music playing in Chrome tabs. We will now show you how to use it on your computer.
- Play a song or video with music
- Stay on the tab that broadcasts the sound to identify
- Click on the Shazam icon located in the toolbar
- A pop-up window will open in the top corner of the window
- Click the big Shazam button to start the music recognition process
- Once the song is recognized, the extension will display a link to listen to the full song on Apple Music
The Shazam extension will keep the full list of all the songs you have identified over the past few weeks. The history is accessible directly from the extension icon in the browser toolbar.
The Shazam extension is particularly useful, especially for those who consume a lot of music and videos from a PC or Mac. They will be able to identify songs even with headphones.