1. Open launch pad (rocket-shaped on the lower pier). A list of your applications will appear. Click and open iTunes You can also use the magnifying glass icon in the upper right corner of your screen to open Highlight. Write iTunes and launch iTunes.
2. In the upper left corner of iTunes, there will be a drop-down menu. Make sure the menu is set to Music.
3. In the center of the application, click Library.
4. Click View in the menu bar and select All music, if it is not already selected.
5. Click File and scroll down to Library. A second window will open alongside. From this window, click Show duplicate items.
6. There is also an option to show exact duplicates. It is recommended to use this option if you have songs that are similar, but not exactly the same. For example, you can have two of the same songs, but one version is the acoustic version. To see exact duplicates, hold the key and click File option. Then click Library, followed by Show exact duplicate items. If you have a portable Windows, hold the Change key and click View in the menu. Then you will see Show exact duplicate items. Click on this option.
7. Right-click on the songs you want to delete and select Remove from the library.
8. A window will appear asking you to confirm your decision. Click Delete song.
You have now cleaned your music library of duplicate songs. Get on that tape and enjoy the music, without worrying about the songs being repeated due to duplications.