When it comes to safety, you can never be too careful. To improve the protection of your messages, WhatsApp has just implemented a brand new locking system using the fingerprint sensor of your Android smartphone. You don't know how to configure it? The answer is in this tutorial..
Unlock WhatsApp with your fingerprint
Like many WhatsApp users, are you worried that your friends, family or children will take a look at your messages? Rest assured. The messaging platform belonging to Facebook has just strengthened the security of access to its service.
The WhatsApp application now has a fingerprint unlock system. Once this device is activated, no one will be able to launch the app without your fingerprint. You can then lend your phone lightly without fear for your messages and all the confidential information they contain (photos, videos)..
Activate biometric lock on WhatsApp
The process of activating the protection of messages by fingerprint is relatively simple to set up. WhatsApp uses the Android biometric authentication system. If you have not yet set up fingerprint unlock on Android, please refer to the link given opposite.
- Update the WhatsApp app
- For information, the fingerprint lock functionality is available from version 2.19.308
- Launch the messaging app
- Click on the Menu button (3 vertically aligned dots) at the top right of the window
- Tap the Settings option
- Then click on Account then on Confidentiality
- Select the Fingerprint Lock option
- Put your finger on the switch to activate the security system
As a security measure, the WhatsApp application will ask you to confirm your fingerprint. You just have to put your finger on the fingerprint sensor integrated on your smartphone. The latter is most often located on the back of the device..
Customize WhatsApp lock options
When it comes to security, the best is sometimes the enemy of good. Unlocking the WhatsApp application can quickly become binding. It is therefore essential to find a balance between security and ease of attention.
To help you in this difficult task, WhatsApp has provided you with various tools to customize the duration of implementation of automatic locking in the event of inactivity.
- Open the WhatsApp app settings
- Click the Fingerprint Lock option
- Then select the lockout period by checking the corresponding box: immediately, after one minute, after 30 minutes
- You can also hide the content of notifications
Please note that locking the WhatsApp application requires a smartphone with a fingerprint sensor and Android 6. Note that Samsung Galaxy S5, Galaxy Note 4 and Note 8 phones will not be able to use this device. fingerprint locking.