Turning Android smartphones into a modem router
Activating the hotspot function on Android smartphones is easier than you think. All you have to do is follow the steps below:
- Go into settings;
- Tap Connections> WiFi Router and tethering (route and entries may differ);
- Enable the hotspot by activating the relevant option.
In the related menu you can customize the following configurations:
- Network name: is the name that is displayed in the list of wireless networks;
- Security: to set or not a password;
- Password: where to enter the text to be inserted as a password;
- Show password: to make the password visible or not while you write it;
Once the Wi-Fi hotspot is enabled, you can view the newly created network on your PC, just like any other wireless network. All you have to do is select it and enter the assigned password. Good surfing!