What is more annoying than an iCloud storage whose memory is full? If the 5 GB offered by Apple is not enough, you will have no choice but to delete documents and data stored in your iCloud. This is the purpose of this tutorial that will explain how to free up disk space on your iCloud account..
Archive your iCloud data
Cleaning up your photos or videos is not what you might call a dangerous operation. However, no one is safe from an unfortunate click, leading to the deletion of precious photos or documents. You have been warned.
Because a user warns is worth two, we will first save the documents and files stored in iCloud on a computer..
- Open the web browser on your computer
- In the address field, type the following URL or click directly on the link https://www.icloud.com/
- Then enter the identifiers of your iCloud account
- Open one of the proposed applications (iCloud drive, Keynote, Pages, Nombers)
- Select in the tree the files to save
- Then click on the Download this document option found in the Action section
Your web browser will automatically save the files to your download folder.
Optimize your iCloud storage space
IPhone owners know this well, it is impossible to expand the memory of your smartphone with a MicroSD memory card. When the space available on iCloud becomes insufficient, a little cleaning is necessary. It costs nothing and it can earn you many mega bytes..
- Click on the Settings icon on your iPhone desktop
- Go to the iCloud section then click on Storage and Manage storage
- Then click on the name of an application whose data you want to delete
- You will see a list of all the files linked to this application.
- Make your selection and press the Edit button
- Double click the Delete All button
Please note that once the documents have been deleted from iCloud, it is no longer possible to recover them. Do not forget to make a backup beforehand. It will avoid many disaster scenarios. getFastAnswer cannot be held responsible in the event of data loss.
If you are the lazy kind, rest assured Apple has thought of everything. The apple company offers several paid formulas to extend iCloud storage capacity up to 1 TB.
- Open your iPhone or iPad settings
- Click on iCloud then on Storage
- Press the Buy more storage or Change storage plan button
- Select one of the subscription plans offered
- Then enter your Apple ID to confirm your purchase