The official WhatsApp app for the iPad has disappeared from the App Store. However, there is a simple trick to be able to view your messages and enjoy WhatsApp from your Apple tablet..
The WhatsApp success story
We no longer present the WhatsApp messaging service bought by Facebook in 2014 for the modest sum of $ 19 billion. With more than a billion users worldwide and 42 billion messages sent every day, the messaging application is one of the most successful in Silicon Valley. And WhatsApp does not intend to stop there since the American company has just launched a web client https://web.whatsapp.com/. This service allows users to access their messages and contacts directly from a web browser.
Send WhatsApp messages from your iPad
In this tutorial we will show you how to view and send WhatsApp messages from an iPad or iPod Touch. You will have no application to install. The only imperative is that your iPhone must be connected to the Internet when viewing your messages on your Apple tablet..
- Launch the Safari browser on your iPad
- Open the following web page: https://web.whatsapp.com
- Press your finger on the address bar to bring up the Action button at the bottom of the window (rectangle surmounted by an arrow pointing upwards)
- Click on the icon
- In the options menu, select the option see the computer version of the site
- The page will reload and display a QR Code
- Take your iPhone in hand
- Open the App Store and check if your WhatsApp app is up to date
- Once the installation of the new version is complete, click on the icon to launch the instant messaging service
- Click on Settings
- Select the WhatsApp Web section then take a photo of the QR Code displayed on the iPad screen to pair the two devices
- The page will reload automatically and display all your messages
Please note that web customer service suffers from several limitations. For example, you will not be able to send voice notes from your iPad or iPod Touch.
Messenger + for WhatsApp
Admittedly, the WhatsApp web client does not offer a satisfactory user experience on the iPad and even more on the iPod. You will face various problems. The icons are sometimes too small or misplaced. To overcome all these small setbacks, a developer team had the good idea of releasing a WhatsApp client specially adapted for the iPad. Its name Messenger + for WhatsApp: iPad Edition..
The latter supports sending text, photos and videos and downloading multimedia messages. You can also change your status and create discussion groups. Only restriction, it is impossible to make audio calls or send voice messages as with the web client. You can download Messenger + for WhatsApp: iPad Edition for free from the App Store.