Change or reset your Facebook password You no longer remember your current password
Have you just had your smartphone stolen? Have you been the victim of your mailbox hacked and you fear for the security of your social media accounts? If you believe you have been affected by theft of personal information (passwords, account), immediately change the password for your Facebook profile and all your other accounts..
Change or reset your Facebook password
It cannot be said enough, password security is crucial. In just a few years, the internet has become the preferred playground for hackers and other hackers. The targets are numerous and the gains can reach astronomical sums.
Unfortunately, social networks and in particular Facebook are no exception to this rule. Hackers redouble their inventiveness to steal personal information or take control of other profiles..
Obviously having your Facebook account stolen is a traumatic experience that no one would like to go through. Indeed, once the account has been hacked, the hacker can pretend to be you, post content on your profile and even send all kinds of messages to your loved ones.
For security reasons, it is best to use passwords that are difficult to guess and even change regularly. Below are several methods for changing your profile credentials as well as a technique to make sure no one has hacked your Facebook account..
- Open the web browser on your computer
- Enter your email address and password
- Click on the downward pointing arrow located in the upper right corner of your browser window
- Select the settings and privacy option
- Then tap on settings and then on security and connection
- Bring down the window
- Click on the section change password
- Press the edit button
- You will be asked to enter your old password and then the new one twice.
- Press the save changes button
You can also change your Facebook account password directly from your smartphone without going through your computer. Here is the procedure to follow.
- Launch the Facebook app.
- Press the menu button (2 parallel lines) at the top right.
- Select the settings and privacy option placed at the bottom
- Tap Settings then Security & Login
- Tap change password
- Type the old password and then the new password twice.
- Don't forget to click on save
You no longer remember your current password
Sometimes you can't remember your Facebook password. Unfortunately without this precious sesame, it's impossible to change your secret code. If you are faced with this type of situation don't worry, here is a solution for you.
- Launch your web browser
- Open the page find your account accessible at this address: https://www.facebook.com/login/identify
- Enter the email address or phone number used when registering for Facebook
- Press the search button
All you have to do is follow the instructions displayed on the screen. You will then receive an email allowing you to reset your password.