In a contest on Facebook, in addition to the guidelines of the platform, it is important to consider other aspects. In order not to take any false steps, for example, you have to clearly indicate the rules of the contest, not only for transparency, but because it is established by law. Nor can the participation conditions be absent. The legislator does not specify a specific way in which the information should be presented, but it does require that it be clearly written and that it be perfectly visible .
For a Facebook contest to comply with legal requirements, the terms and conditions must include at least the following information :
- Information about the organizer of the contest
- Participation requirements and eligibility criteria
- Calendar: duration of the contest, deadline for submission and date of the draw
- Details on the prize (s) offered
- Winners information
- Notification to the winners
Sometimes it is advisable to include more information:
- Steps to follow if the winners do not appear
- Right to modify or suspend the game
- Prohibition of abuse
- Information rights to participants
Likewise, it is important to include a section in which an exemption from liability for damages that may arise from the enjoyment of the prize is included.
In addition to the conditions of participation, in the Facebook contest it is advisable to include a privacy statement, especially in those cases in which, through a function of the application, you include a contact form or a subscription to a newsletter, already that the statement provides information on how such personal data is collected and processed: for example, the use of data for a newsletter always requires the consent of the user.