If you don't have an installation CD for Windows 8, you must create your own installation media. To do this, you need the installation file for Windows 8 and the Windows 7 USB / DVD Download Tool, which, contrary to its name, is also suitable for Windows 8.
The installation file is an ISO file that contains all the relevant information for the installation as a copy of the operating system. You have to load this ISO file on your computer and create a bootable USB or DVD. With the help of this boot medium you can restore Windows 8 . We explain how it is done:
- First of all, make sure that the Internet connection is stable and that you have a storage medium with a capacity of at least 4 GB.
- Go to the Microsoft download website.
- Scroll to the section? Select edition ? and select your edition from the drop-down menu. Then click the button? Confirm ?
- Then the section? Select product language ?. Select your language from the drop-down menu and click? Confirm ?
- Now the website has generated two links valid for 24 hours through which you can download the ISO file. Select the correct version (32 or 64 bits) and download the file with the corresponding button.
Next, you need the Windows 7 USB / DVD Download Tool to create a bootable memory. Proceed as described:
- Download the tool from Microsoft. To do this, select the language? Spanish? and click the button? Download ?. Then select the Windows7-USB-DVD-Download-Tool-Installer-en-ES-exe file from the list that appears , click? Continue ? and save the file to your computer.
- Open the file to install the tool. To do this, follow the instructions of the installation manager.
Now you have everything you need to create an installation / restore media for Windows 8. To get started, proceed as follows:
- Open Windows 7 USB / DVD Download Tool .
- Select the previously downloaded ISO file in the application and click? Continue ?.
- Select the medium in which you want to save the file by pressing? USB device ? or? DVD ?
- Plug in the USB stick or insert the DVD, and click? Start copy process ?
- The data medium is now formatted and the installation is carried out.
In this way, you already have an installation medium that you can use to restore Windows 8 as described in the section? Instructions to restore Windows 8 without losing data ?.