The Google Messages app provides the ability for users to customize the notification ringtones for one or more specific contacts. Unfortunately, this parameter is hidden deep in the menus of the SMS management application. Rather than wasting your time looking for it, today we're going to help you set a ringtone for a particular thread..
Create personalized ringtones on Google Messages
SMS, due to its universality, is still today one of the best systems for communicating and exchanging with friends. It is one of the only communication protocols using the cellular network and not data (internet) as is the case with instant messaging platforms.
If the comparison between SMS and WhatsApp shows huge differences, it is clear that texting continues to be popular, especially thanks to its great compatibility. For example, no need to download a third-party messaging app to chat with friends or family. All smartphones including Apple phones today can send or receive SMS..
But now the studies show that we spend too much time on our phones. Managing messages and especially SMS is a recurring problem mentioned by many users. Being organized and tidy can easily save time.
For example, instead of looking at your phone screen with each notification you receive, why not assign a different ringtone to each of your important contacts. This will allow you to know who sent you a message without even having to touch your phone. The ring tone will serve as an indicator and prevent you from dispersing..
Most smartphones sold in our territory are equipped by default with the Google Messages application also called Android Messages. You can also download it directly from the Play Store by clicking on the link opposite.
- Launch the Google Messages app
- Open the discussion thread whose ringtone you want to change
- Click on the menu button located in the upper right corner of the window
- Tap the information option
- Then select the notifications section
- Click on advanced preferences at the bottom of the window
- Press sound signal
- Choose from the list the ringtone you want to use with this contact
- Repeat these different steps with all the discussion threads to which you want to assign a different ringtone
The operation may seem daunting but it will save you a lot of time on a daily basis. Without notifications to distract you, you can work or carry out your tasks more serenely.
How to Assign Different Ringtone to Your Contacts on Samsung Galaxy Phone
Galaxy smartphones have their own messaging app. This tool benefits from various enriched chat options. Below is the procedure for assigning a different dial tone.
- Launch the Samsung Messages app
- Open one of your conversations
- Click on the menu icon (three dots)
- Select the notification sound option
- Choose the ringtone
Note that it is possible to customize the notifications and even prevent the display of SMS content on the lock screen. However, nothing prevents you from downloading Android Messages and making it your default messaging service.