When you connect your AirPods to your iPhone or Android smartphone for the first time, the system automatically assigns a name to your headphones. This is not necessarily very practical, especially if you have several audi headphones. Fortunately, Apple offers a function to customize the name of each of your headsets..
Rename your AirPods from an iPhone
Apple's wireless headphones are aimed at the high-end segment. However, despite a very high price, demand for this type of product remains very strong. The Apple firm's True Wireless headphones also hold the highest market share in their sector, far ahead of their competitors.
The brand has also enriched its range of audio headphones with the AirPods Max. This wireless headset incorporates the technical characteristics that made the success of Apple's wireless headphones while incorporating some clever ideas such as the digital crown..
Currently the range revolves around three headphones (AirPods, AirPods Pro and AirPods Max). Do you have more than one? Problem, after you pair your headphones with your iPhone or iPad, Apple automatically assigns them a name.
Unfortunately this name is not always very explicit. It then becomes very difficult or even impossible to distinguish your Apple wireless headphones. Here is a solution to change and customize the name of your AirPods..
- Open the case of your AirPods
- Put your headphones on your ears
- Take your iPhone or iPad in your hands
- Click on the settings icon
- Select the Bluetooth section
- Tap the little i placed to the right of your AirPods in the list titled My Devices
- Locate the line titled Name
- Click on it
- Give your headphones a new name using the touchscreen keyboard on your smartphone or tablet
- Then press the back button in the upper left corner of the window
The settings window contains various options to customize the use of your AirPods. For example, you can turn automatic ear detection on or off, change the control when you double-tap your headphones, and improve the battery life of your AirPods.
Change the name of your wireless headphones from a Mac
AirPods like any Bluetooth headset can connect to many devices including your Mac. If your AirPods are already connected to your computer, here's a trick to rename them.
- Open System Preferences on your Mac
- Click on the Bluetooth tab
- Right-click on your headphones in the list
- Select the rename option from the context menu
- Enter the new name for your AirPods
- Press the rename button to validate your choice
Now you know how to change the name of your AirPods on your Apple devices. This should allow you to find them more quickly when changing the settings of your wireless headphones.