Make a video call on Instagram Start your first video chat on the Instagram app
Formerly relegated to the simple rank of a photo-sharing platform, the Instagram social network is gradually being enriched with new features. For example, it is possible to video chat with up to 6 people using the direct messaging function..
Make a video call on Instagram
In just a few years, Instagram has become the most attractive social media platform. Today, the photo sharing app has over a billion users. But do not think that it is resting on its laurels.
Competed by TikTok and Snapchat, Instagram has invested heavily in video. The network currently has a viral video tool called Reels but also a video chat function to stay in touch with friends and family..
The notion of distance is important in relationships. Do not we say: far from the eyes, far from the heart. When the situation affects you too much, why not make a video call. Not many people know it, but Instagram's direct messaging feature offers a video chat option on the very latest version of the app.
Start your first video chat on the Instagram app
Before you start, you should know that Instagram's video chat feature accepts up to eight participants. Another important detail, you can chat with your friends regardless of the platform used (Android or iOS) and all without giving your phone number..
Now that you know all of that, we'll walk you through how to start a video chat on Instagram. If you don't see some shortcuts or icons on your smartphone, update your app from the Play Store.
- Launch the Instagram app on your phone
- Tap the paper airplane icon placed in the upper right corner of the screen
- This will allow you to access the direct messaging function.
- Then click on the video camera icon
- Select from the list the people you want to chat with
- If one of your contacts does not appear, you can use the search function
- To switch from the front camera to the rear camera, you will need to press the round arrow icon.
- Once the discussion is over, click on the cross at the top right
The Instagram app gives you the option to add a participant to an already launched discussion. To do this, simply click on the add button to display the list of contacts. Then just click on the add button next to your friend's name.