First solution: Delete Messenger cache and data
Clearing the cache and data actually sets the application and returns it to the default settings and configuration and replaces all cache and data files with new ones. Problems occur all the time and apps may crash from time to time and one of the most common reasons is that some of their cache or data files may have been damaged. This is why it is necessary to perform this procedure as it is the most effective solution when it comes to solving app problems. Here's how you do it on your note 9 ...
- Open the Settings of your phone.
- Tap the Storage heading to open its settings page. ...
- Tap the Other Apps heading to see a list of your installed apps.
- Find the messanger to clear the cache of and tap its listing.
- Tap the Clear cache button.
Next, open Messenger and log in to your account again to see if it still crashes. If for some reason, it still does, then move on to the next solution.
Second solution: uninstall and reinstall Messenger
Sometimes upgrading the app you have problemicon is enough to solve the problem, but there are times when it's really necessary to completely remove it from the phone to remove all its associations and then reinstall it to make it work perfectly again. This is what I want you to do in this procedure ...
- From the Home screen, scroll up to an empty spot to open the tray application.
- Settings tap> applications.
- Find and touch Facebook.
- UNINSTALL tap> ok.
- Now open the Play Store.
- Search for Messenger.
- Tap Install to download and install it on your phone.
- Open Messenger to see if it still crashes or not.
If the app still crashes even later, go to the next solution.