To fully enjoy the fast loading feature, here is what you can do:
- Go to 'Settings'> Battery configuration and activate Quick Charge.
- Be sure to turn off the phone screen. It is essential to keep in mind that the "fast charge" function can not be used when the screen is on. Turning off the screen also increases the loading speed substantially. Therefore, make sure your screen is off.
- It is even better and more efficient if you turn off the device completely while it is charging. However, you do not have to worry about the load indication. An icon appears on the screen to indicate that it is charging.
- If you have not completely turned off the phone, switch to airplane mode. It will prevent the establishment of all wireless connections and the load will be accelerated.
- If you are waiting for calls or messages and prefer not to change to Airplane mode, disable features such as Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Phone data and GPS on your phone to make the most of the charge.
- The Samsung Galaxy s6 and s6 Edge offer you the option to activate the Smart Manager function to optimize the use of the battery. Go to Applications> Smart Manager> Battery to optimize its use.
When you press the power key, the phone switches to sleep mode, which is a good battery saving technique when the phone is not in use.
7. Always let the battery run out before venturing to charge it again. Do not charge the phone if the battery status shows 40% or higher simply because you have found a charger in the cafe in which you are sitting. Wait for the battery to run out to ensure the longevity of the battery life.
8. If the battery is old, it will generally take longer to charge your device compared to a newer battery. Comparing the carrying capacity of a one year old phone / battery with the purchase of the phone is a useless exercise.
Samsung Galaxy s6 edge battery life is generally good and is an improvement over its predecessor, the S5. If used carefully, it lasts a good 2-3 years before the need arises to replace it. However, the battery is not removable and, therefore, a customer should visit a Samsung service center to change the battery if necessary.